Wednesday 9 January 2013

Thoughts from the easel

Looking back over the past year, my work has been divided between landscapes, seascapes and portraits of people and animals. The most recent portrait of Elizabeth, which so many people have commented about, has caused quite a stir and made me think deeply about the way ahead for painting in 2013. I intend to develop the portraits as the main focus for this year. Of course, I will still do some landscapes and seascapes. I have enjoyed doing the portraits so much and I have done some in-depth research in the area that I have always been interested in, which is both the northern and southern Renaissance and, of course, the Dutch golden era. I intend to produce work of an even higher standard and quality than I have previously achieved. The portraits will be even more photographic and with much greater detail. This is where my research led but follow my thinking in further 'thoughts from the easel'.

No comments:

Post a Comment